It is with a heavy heart I re-post this article from James Rawles. It is with a heavy heart, because we all have better things to be doing, but we all know, if we want to remain free, then it has to stop sometime. In Jame’s article, he is suggesting that if unconstitutional gun bans go into place, we must advocating for destroying records that identify who has purchased existing guns and where they are. Why is this required? Well look at some of the links:
San Diego Police says plan to disarm America within a generation.
New York City Police Commissioner says banning assault rifles, only the first step.
There are many, many more examples. Let The Bard give you some additional hints from a “misspent” youth on showing up a demonstrations that could turn ugly.
1. Go buy in cash from a store without cameras a set of clothes including shoes. Army / Navy stores may be a good place.
2. Shed all jewelry, chains, belts that you normally wear.
3. Only wear that set of clothes when protesting or “ops.”
4. Wear a set of panty-hose under your mask (eye-recognition).
5. Wear gloves, and don’t take them off. Really.
6. When traveling, use a single car, park as far away as possible.
7. Remember license plate recognition and deal with it.
8. Ensure _no one_ carries a smart phone.
9. Have your lawyer’s, best friends and wife’s land line numbers memorized. Cell phones don’t take collect calls (only ones allowed in a cell).
10. If things go south, have a plan, burn every thing, and shut the <bleep> up. No one has ever talked themselves out of jail, but millions have talked themselves into jail. That is what the lying lawyer is for.
11. If you not doing, there is no reason for you to know what is being done.
12. If you are talking to three people you don’t know, one is a LEO, and the other two are CI’s.
Also note, the only safe way to destroy electronic media is physical destruction of the media. Although this is overkill, this is the pattern I know. Here are the steps.
1. Over-write the drives 7 times with Blancco, X-Ways, and Stellar Wipe
2. Crack open the hard drives. There will be several “platters” inside.
3. Put the drive platters into a bucket and pour either diluted hydrochloric or muriatic acid. If you don’t have that, then make an emergency solution yourself from bleach, water, add salt to make a nice corrosive mixture. The the iron-oxide particles on the drive will chemically react with the solution.
4. After at least 30 minutes (60 is better) put drives into paper bags from store (I guess plastic would also work).
5. Shatter driver platters with hammer, until pieces are as small as possible (1/4″).
6. Then burn what is left, you will need temperatures as high as 1500 degrees F.
Or just put the drive in a box and sprinkle rust and some aluminum on it (thermite) and let it burn. Note, thermite is not easy to light.
BTW, if you grab the paper copies and disk containing the 4473 ensure you grab the backup tapes. Normally at least a month on either electronic tape or USB / CDROM drive. If you are going to do something, do it right. Viva Cristo Rey. Now from James Rawles link is here.
This is a standing invitation to my fellow Americans: If congress ever enacts a law mandating the registration and/or a production ban of detachable magazine semiautomatic rifles then you are hereby invited to the town square of your local community. There, burn barrels will be set up and we will publicly burn Form 4473s, FFL Bound Books, state and local registration records, and the sales receipts for every firearm in the United States. On that same day, FFL holders and public officials holding electronic firearms records will simultaneously erase those records, permanently and irretrievably. (Using special file erasure software such as Blancco, X-Ways, and Stellar Wipe, or though the physical destruction of disk drives.)
Spontaneous Gatherings, Spontaneous Combustion
This burn barrel day–likely to be held the day after the President signs any new draconian legislation–will include speeches, public prayers, and the blessing of those who have gathered by ministers, rabbis, and priests.
The core of the activities on that day will be stalwart public defiance of any new unconstitutional law(s), the open and notorious destruction of records that might be used to enslave us, and vocal public affirmations of solidarity of free men and women, in the face of tyranny. This will be a defining moment for America–a line drawn in the sand. We will forthrightly declare that we will not obey any unconstitutional law and that we will treat it dismissively, as if it had never been enacted — nunc pro tunc. We will pledge ourselves to the defense of liberty, both individually and collectively. We will vow that if ever called to jury duty, we will nullify any unconstitutional laws, vacating the charges against the accused, in accordance with our long-standing right as jurors. (See: www.FIJA.org.)
The Law is On Our Side
We will publicly re-affirm some long standing precepts of American jurisprudence, to wit:
“The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it’s enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it…
A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” – 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256
Recognizing the many sad lessons of civilian disarmament and subsequent genocides in the 20th Century, we will make bold and forthright statement: Never Again! We will not submit to the unlawful decrees of tyrants. We will not meekly go their jails and internment camps. We will fight for our liberty, to our dying breath.
Come Armed, Come Masked
I recommend that all adults who publicly assemble at these burn barrel events do so armed, as is our right. And those who come armed should also wear masks, to protect themselves from malicious prosecution. I plan to wear a Guy Fawkes mask, but you can wear a bandana, face muffler, or the face mask of your choice. Joining you, also wearing masks, will be many mayors, sheriffs and their deputies, chiefs of police and their officers, town council members, clergy, and people of all walks of life. We vastly outnumber the tyrants. The tyrants deserve nothing but our scorn and derision. Their fate is already sealed.
After this fateful day has come and gone, FFL holders and public officials will be able to recount: “I had no choice. My records were taken by men with guns who were wearing masks!” (So they’ll have no excuse if they don’t cooperate with this nationwide display of civil disobedience.)
God Bless The Republic. Down with Tyrants. We Will Prevail!
– James Wesley, Rawles – January 28, 2013
Note: Permission to reprint or re-post this piece in full by any method (printed or electronically) is granted by the author (James Wesley, Rawles), as a long as it is not altered in any way and it is reproduced in full.